Are you a business owner that’s not sure on how websites should look & feel and want to know how to get the basics right?
Here’s a list of points we recommend that you follow in order to have a website that stands out and looks apart from the rest, without breaking your bank.
1. Keep it visual
People related more to images and videos than the relate to plenty of text content – “A picture tells a thousand of words”
Humans by nature are visual creatures. We believe what we see, more than what we read. So, the best thing to do is to use white spaces and make use of images that represent who you are and what you stand for. The images must deliver the message even more the customer reads the marketing content.
- Images must show the goal of the product
- Display the main picture on the homepage
- Use high-quality images
- Highlight the product picture
- Improve product visual interface design
- Integrate images into your design
2. Mobile friendly
On March 26, 2018, Google officially announced Mobile-Friendly Update. This update penalizes sites that aren’t mobile-friendly. This is a direct response to the fact that we live in a society that can’t keep away from their mobile devices.
When the user browses your website on a mobile phone, they assume to see the content exactly like they would see on their lappy or PC. So when designing your site, always have user experience in mind and be mobile friendly. This will result in happy customers and a better SEO ranking for your business.3
3. Interactive design
Good designs lead to better conversion. Excellent interactive website design can bring enjoyment to users and improve the user experience.
- Use contrast in design
- Be consistent
- Use appropriate dynamic effects
- Avoid pop-up window design
- Create excellent form design
4. Easy Navigation
The most important element of a site is the navigation menu. This is the only way for visitors to browse your site and discover and learn about your products. Therefore, it must be simple and intuitive. Make sure easy navigation is a priority when you create your design.
- Use tight and readable copy
- Use simple copy but infuse personality to make it simple and easy to understand to users. However, do not forget to focus on the product – what it is and how it works.
5. White space
- Increased Content Legibility: When users are on your site, they should be able to see where they are going and be given a reason to keep reading. White spaces make it easier for your visitors to understand what they are reading and adds up to a better user experience.
- More Interaction: Let’s face it, visitors are always in a hurry when browsing through sites, and having a good amount of whitespace will increase interaction by preventing distractions that slow the visitor down.
- Ability to Highlight Call to Actions (CTAs): At times, the most obvious way to make something stand out is to make things bigger. You can make images bigger or buttons bigger. However, surrounding the item with whitespace can be just as effective.
- Cleaner design: KISS – Keep it simple silly is a famous saying that has been going around for years. It’s true, and using white spaces will allow you to have website designed and developed in a way that’s clean and impressive.
Like this article? Check out our article about how to set up your business marketing!
If you need a professional to design and develop your website, reach out to us!