Every industry faces their own challenges. For tradies, those challenges are often the local competition and difficulties to reach clients. The Foxynet Solutions team came up with a list of tips to help Tradesmen to increase their audience reach and improve their brand image.
1- Target local community
Spending money on advertisement large-scale if you are a local business is a waste of time and resources.
People who contract tradesmen’s services often trust and want to support the local businesses. The first thing people do when they need a service is to Google it. They will most likely enter in the Google search bar the type of service needed + localisation or even use the geo-localisation features of their smartphone. If you operate in a large area such as a big city, don’t forget to include each suburb you are servicing.
2- Get positive reviews and focus on positive customer relationship
The best advertisement is Word-of-Mouth!
We are now living in a word where most of communications are digital, online referral and reviews are decisive for a patron when it comes to pick any services. Few good reviews will increase your brand image but don’t forget, one negative review will have a stronger and damaging negative impact.
3- Listen to feedback
Customer Relationship Management is an important, yet often overlooked part of marketing. Listening to your client’s feedback is crucial as:
- It helps you to understand what changes and improvement you could implement to offer a better service or increase your profit.
- Clients appreciate to be listened to, as it makes them feel respected. Creating this feeling is crucial to create a strong relationship and a positive image when it comes to Word-of-mouth and online rates and reviews.
4- Build your referral network with other tradies
Work with other tradies! It’s an easy and cheap opportunity to reach more clients.Find some other tradesman who offers different services in the same locality and partner with them for referrals. A plumber can refer an electrician or carpenter and vice-versa.
5- Sponsor events or help charity – insert yourself into a community
Sponsoring events or charities is a good way to generate exposure, it also shows that you are supportive of your community. This creates a relationship of trust with the local population.
6- Google and Facebook advertisements can Boost your marketing
Google and Facebook advertisements will help you to target your audience in a more accurate way than SEO. Indeed, you can choose the specifics of the audience you want to reach with your advertisement. Those specifics can be demographics (localisation, age, gender, device type), affinity, custom intent, past research for a product or service and few others. Google and Facebook ads are a very cost-effective way to advertise.
7- Join Facebook groups
It’s free advertisement and an easy way to insert yourself into a local community. Join group that are about your local community such as your local School or local Sport club and extent your network! Trade likely on community social media group though, sounding too “salesy” might annoy people, a friendly approach is more recommended!
If you want to outsource your marketing activities to the professionals, contact us today!
- Miyazaki, Anthony D., and Angela G. Morgan. “Assessing The Market Value Of Sponsoring: Corporate Olympic Sponsorships”. Journal Of Advertising Research, vol 41, no. 1, 2001, pp. 9-15. WARC Limited, doi:10.2501/jar-41-1-9-15. Accessed 30 Apr 2019. (http://www.journalofadvertisingresearch.com/content/41/1/9)
- Targeting your ads – Google Ads Help. (2019). Retrieved from https://support.google.com/google-ads/answer/1704368?hl=en
- Forbes, “Three old School marketing strategies to revisit”. (2019). Retrieved from: https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbesagencycouncil/2019/02/26/three-old-school-marketing-strategies-to-revisit/#22e96086f0ed